Sunday, July 6, 2008

Look in All Directions

I'm here at the retreat center. I arrived on June 28, a week ago. A lot has happened and I'm not able to recount much right now. There have been some great improvements since I was last here a couple months ago. The place feels great and everyone is busy and happy to be back.

I’ll close this post with a brief portion of a teaching given by Dzogchen Khenpo Choga this morning, July 6, 2008. This is a paraphrase, not an exact quote:

Each person has their own universe. The more negative thinking one has, the smaller, darker and narrower their universe becomes. For example, hell beings can barely move. The more positive thinking one has, the more vast and bright one's own universe becomes. If you are always thinking about "me" you will almost strangle yourself with your ego clinging, like locking yourself in a little cage. Therefore one should look to all universes, in all directions with a single omniscient wisdom eye.

No comments: