Monday, March 31, 2008

California Dreamin

I'm finally back in the States after six weeks of traveling in Asia. I have developed a greatly deepened appreciation for many of the best aspects of our American culture, but also a newly expanded appreciation for many aspects of the Indian, Nepali and Tibetan cultures. It was an amazing pilgrimage with countless new experiences packed into six weeks.

I'm staying at Nicole and Lorna's tonight. I tried starting my car earlier this evening, and it started fine. I didn't expect it to start based on what happened on February 18, when it wouldn't start the morning that Nicole took me to the airport and we had to push it out of the driveway to park it on the street. That's a mystery I'll try to solve tomorrow.

Due to the long flight back, I haven't slept quite enough and am still on my Asian sleeping rhythm, so I'd better head to bed.

No comments: