Sunday, March 30, 2008

Flight Canceled

I flew back from Bangalore to Delhi today. I had one interesting adventure today, when landing at Delhi I saw a building from the air that I'd read about online. It's called the Lotus Temple and is quite dramatically shaped like an opening lotus bud. I was able to get a pre-paid cab for only Rs.350 from the domestic terminal to Manjun Ka Tila, and then once in the cab negotiate a Rs.300 side trip to the Lotus Temple. Amazing place. I'll write more about it once I post the photos I took today.

I'm currently back at the Ga-Khyl House, a Tibetan-run guest house in the Tibetan Colony located in the Majun Ka Tila (pronounced ma-jun-ka te-la) area of north Delhi. It's a very nice place with hot water and private bathrooms. Rates are currently only about Rs.500 per night. I can put you in touch with Nyima the manager if you'd like to stay here. He was kind enough to store two of my bags while I was in Bangalore. I'm scheduled to fly from Delhi to Heathrow in about 5 hours, so I need to head to the airport soon. Nyima suggested I get there 4 hours early.

I briefly got online to discover an email sent to me only 4 hours ago from British Airways informing me that my flight from Heathrow to LAX was just cancelled! I've heard that BA just opened a new terminal at Heathrow and it is a complete disaster with many people having lost baggage and some flights being cancelled, like mine just was. I need to go sort that out. If it is good for me and all sentient beings, may my trip home be smooth!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Haz - Every where you go, there's big news - Tibet, Heathrow, what next?? Look forward to your return to LA - neat photo ops on 4/3 if you think you'll be here by then. Just drop me a note! Can't wait to see the pics & hear the stories in person!

:: Nicole